Added to Basket
In collaboration with the “Health and Safety Always Comes First” message from Hitachi, Ltd., we consider the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and others as a priority. Being part of the Hitachi family, compliance is at the forefront of our corporate culture and is established around the Hitachi Group Codes of Conduct with meeting all applicable statutory and other regulatory responsibilities as a minimum position.
1. Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd operates a Health and Safety Management system certified against the requirements of IS0 45001:2018 and intends to provide safe and healthy working conditions for all its employees and to ensure that its activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of employees or others. This is an integral part of our business and has equal status to other aspects of business performance.
2. As with other aspects of our business we are committed to achieving high levels of occupational health and safety performance. Compliance with legal requirements is the minimum acceptable standard and we are committed to continuous improvement of the health and safety management system. To help us achieve this we expect all employees and other stakeholders (including contractors) to follow the health and safety principles included in our ‘Golden Rules’.
3. We will review this policy annually, revise it as often as is appropriate, and will set and communicate specific health and safety objectives.
4. Appropriate financial and physical resources will be provided to implement this policy.
5. The management of health and safety is a prime responsibility of managers at all levels, but the objectives of this policy can only be achieved with the support and commitment of all employees. Compliance with the policy is a condition of employment.
6. To gain the full cooperation of employees we will ensure that:
• Employees or their representatives are involved and consulted on matters of health and safety.
• Employees at all levels are aware of their general and specific responsibilities for health and safety.
• Employees at all levels receive appropriate information, instruction, training, and supervision, and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
7. Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd is committed to eliminating hazards and reducing OH&S risks with expert advice being obtained where necessary to determine the risks to health and safety within the company and to provide guidance on control measures where necessary.
8. Duties and responsibilities for matters of health and safety and risk control systems for the implementation of the policy are set out in our Health and Safety Management System.
9. We will ensure that this policy and its objectives are understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels within the organisation. This will be achieved by the continual improvement of the health and safety management system, and by periodic auditing of those systems to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
Chairman and CEO – Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK)