Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive consideration appropriate to their needs. The Company is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, sexual reassignment, disability, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexual marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion or beliefs and age.
To ensure that the policy is translated into reality the Company will take active steps to eliminate discrimination and harassment, to reduce the effects of past discrimination and promote equality in employment. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring that all employees are aware of the existence of the policy and the codes of practice produced under this policy.
- Providing the necessary encouragement, guidance and training to all employees to implement the policy.
- Ensuring that all and potential employees are aware of their rights and responsibilities under the law.
- Ensuring that mechanisms exist for the continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of this policy.
- Working with local organisations on the monitoring of Equal Opportunities in Employment procedures and practices.
- Developing good employment and personnel practices in pursuit of the policy, including areas such as recruitment selection, progression, training and development, terms and conditions of employment, disciplinary, harassment and grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that the Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy is implemented at all levels and locations.
- Ensuring that employees comply with the Company’s policy on Equal Opportunities in Employment, and the failure to comply will be a disciplinary matter.
All policies need regular review to ensure their continuing relevance and effectiveness. Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy is no exception, and the Company will keep both the policy and any Codes of Practice produced under the policy, under review.
Chairman and CEO