Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Limited are committed to managing energy use and maximising energy efficiency and have formulated this energy policy as a guiding document. This policy applies to all Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Limited’s operations in the UK, and is in line with Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Limited’s operation of ISO 50001 : 2011 Energy Management System.
Our energy policy is implemented in practice by:
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Continual improvement in energy performance through setting objectives based on a baseline, and developing energy performance indicators (EnPIs) that are reviewed annually. The baseline and improvement targets will be communicated throughout the company.
- Addressing significant energy usage areas, specifically recording energy consumption and preparing usable key data.
- An Energy Steering Group meets on a regular basis to promote employment of best practice to ensure effective energy processes and management at every level within the business.
- Making energy consumption visible to all employees and explaining how they can influence energy consumption without reduction in quality, efficiency and utilisation. Carry out analysis and produce an energy performance report on an annual basis as a minimum.
- Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd will take into account the need for necessary resources to achieve targets and objectives.
- Motivating employees to draw up proposals that contribute to reducing energy consumption
Every employee has an individual responsibility to help meet the requirements of this policy. All are invited to contribute ideas for better practices through their Line Manager or directly to the Energy Steering Group.
Chairman and CEO