PARTS WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE
Location: South East, South East
Posted: 3rd May 2019
Please note: You MUST download and complete an application form from www.hitachicm.co.uk/vacancies and submit your form by emailing email@example.com or alternatively through the website.
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produces the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture.
Position: Parts Counter/Warehouse Operative
Location: Hoddesdon Depot
Duties will include:
- Receiving telephone enquiries and source parts re customer enquiries.
- Respond to email enquiries.
- Raise Hitachi orders on in house system for customer enquiries.
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts.
- Promote parts sales by upselling.
- Create Purchase Orders.
- Process Head Office and depot back orders.
- Admin duties such as filing etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable experience in similar role
- Strong communications skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes
- Excellent time management skills, be a forward thinker with the capability to plan ahead with strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, being proficient with applications such as MS office.
- Experience of working in the manufacturing or construction sector
- The ability to build rapport quickly with peers, customers.
Ability to provide assistance and support to colleagues, demonstrating a hands on approach with an aptitude to effectively organise and prioritise workloads
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you would like to be considered for this position please complete our online application form. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
We take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in our Company and wish you good luck in your job search.
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company regrets that it cannot accept applications from any individuals without this entitlement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.