Location: North East, North
Posted: 3rd May 2019
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produces the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture.
Position: Machine Preparer
Reports to: Workshop Team Leader
Location: Hebburn Depot
Duties will include:
- Prepare and install additional specialist equipment in accordance with customer requirements.
- Assembly of large Excavators.
- Working to technical drawings and schematics.
- Checking off parts in accordance with work orders
- Inspection of customer machines ready for delivery.
- Undertake basic remedial repair painting.
- Fault finding and diagnostic/repair.
- General housekeeping.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maths and English, GCSE Grade C and above.
- Good engineering competency coupled with welding skills and a degree of electrical knowledge.
- Able to read basic technical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and comply with internal and external business processes.
- Excellent time management skills, be a forward thinker with the capability to plan ahead with strong organisational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Basic IT skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible to work overtime at short notice.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Mechanical fitting experience gained from working with HGV’s or motor vehicles.
- Experience of working on Heavy Construction Machinery e.g. Loaders, Excavators etc.
- Ability to provide assistance and support to colleagues, demonstrating a hands on approach with an aptitude to effectively organise and prioritise workloads.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you would like to be considered for this position please complete our online application form and submit it together with a copy of your CV. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
We take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in our Company and wish you good luck in your job search.