INTERIM HR ADVISOR (FIXED TERM – 6 MONTHS)
Location: Hebburn, North
Posted: 19th June 2019
Please note: You MUST download and complete an application form from www.hitachicm.co.uk/vacancies and submit your form by emailing email@example.com or alternatively through the website.
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produces the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are at the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture.
Position: Interim HR Advisor (Fixed Term – 6 months)
Reports to: HR Manager
- Provide support to the HR Manager with the development and introduction across the business of organisation changes; business initiatives and HR policies and procedures.
- To provide assistance and support to all colleagues at all levels, in regard to HR and employment legislative matters, including sickness absence, performance management, disciplinary, grievance, recruitment and employee welfare. Ensuring compliance with Company Policies and Procedures, fairness and consistency in all employment matters, and impartial treatment of all employees.
- Support the end to end processing of payroll, ensuring that all staff are paid on time and accurately, together with ensuring that all internal and statutory payroll requirements are undertaken in a timely manner i.e update of payroll journals, pension auto-enrolment and submission of P60s and P11Ds.
- Ensure all HR/Payroll files and data systems are accurate, updates and are compliant with GDPR including pre-employment checks and right to work compliance. Liaising with external representatives such as the Home Office and HMRC when required.
- Support in the development and delivery of the induction and recruitment process for new employees including face to face training and/or presentation.
- Support learning and development activities.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR and Payroll systems and practices.
- To represent the HR function at internal/external meetings.
- Support the administration of Company vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate CIPD.
- Demonstrable experience gained from working in an HR and Payroll department.
- Previous experience of working with an HR system.
- Have an up to date knowledge of employment, pension and payroll legislation.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, being proficient with MS Office, Sage 50 payroll, and HRIS software.
- Attention to detail.
- A ‘can do’ outcome focused attitude and approach, resourceful and works to make things happen whilst inspiring others to do the same.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy.
- A high level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest.
- Degree qualified (HR related).
- Ability to build rapport quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Good presentation skills.
If you would like to join a progressive and dynamic company and feel this position is right for you, please visit our website and complete our online application form and submit it with your covering letter stating your salary expectations and how your skills and experience match our requirements. CV’s will only be accepted in support of your completed application form.
Please not that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful and we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in our Company and wish you good luck in your job search.
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company regrets that it cannot accept applications from any individuals without this entitlement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.