HEALTH, SAFETY & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Location: Hebburn, North
Cover Letter: Not Required
Posted: 31st October 2019
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produces the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture.
Position: Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Location: Hebburn based, with regular travel to Company Depot’s
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd.
- Leading global brand
- Strong support and management team
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Employment benefits including private health scheme and life assurance
- Promote and support a positive culture of awareness in compliance related matters through the continuous review and development of internal controls, policies and procedures to meet legislation and corporate governance requirements;
- Management of the Company’s internal Audit function in line with corporate codes of conduct and SOX compliance procedures;
- Management of the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety function, including the promotion of best practice through development of RAMS, SOP’s, chairing Environmental Committee meetings, chairing Health and Safety Committee meetings, carrying out of site inspections and reviews;
- Liaise with operational management to provide input on compliance implications in relation to current operational activities and planned projects regarding changes in legislation and corporate /group expectations;
- Ensure that effective systems are in place to comply with Data Protection legislation, including monitoring and reporting of data breaches;
- Management of the Company’s external accreditation’s (ISO/FORS) including the preparation and overseeing external accreditation audits, liaising with internal heads of department/stakeholders, stakeholders at all business sites, as well as external service providers.
- Management, coaching and supervision of staff in relation to compliance related matters, ensuring colleagues receive appropriate training;
- Liaise directly on compliance matters with our corporate office in Amsterdam and Japan, including attendance of meetings, seminars etc. providing feedback to UK based operational and senior management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- NEBOSH (diploma level), IOSH or equivalent qualification.
- 5+ years of experience in similar role.
- Strong communications, change management and stakeholder engagement success.
- Ability to lead a team and influence executive leadership across function.
- Ability to manage change and comply with internal and external business processes.
- Excellent time management skills, be a forward thinker with the capability to plan ahead with strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Knowledge and experience of FORS accreditation.
- Experience of working in manufacturing or construction sector.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, being proficient with applications such as MS office, and the ability to build rapport quickly with peers, customers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide assistance and support to colleagues, demonstrating a hands-on approach with an aptitude to effectively organise and prioritise workloads.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitable qualified persons.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete our online application form. Closing date for applications is 8th November 2019. We anticipate a high number of applications for this position therefore the company reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier should we identify a suitable candidate before that date. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
We take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in our Company and wish you good luck in your job search.
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company regrets that it cannot accept applications from any individuals without this entitlement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.