SERVICE & PARTS SALES PERSON
Location: Midlands, Midlands
Posted: 21st May 2019
Please note: You MUST download and complete an application form from www.hitachicm.co.uk/vacancies and submit your form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively through the website.
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produces the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and well-being is at the forefront of our culture.
Earn top rates of pay while working on the UK’s premier brand of construction equipment as part of the Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Product Support team.
- Increase parts and service sales in the Midland region
- Create new after sales business opportunities
- Target and chase new after sales business leads and convert into sales
- Promote and sell Genuine Hitachi parts, lubricants and consumables
- Maintain and update sales results and report results to the PSM and General Parts Manager
- Carry out on site undercarriage inspections and machine inspections
- Promote and sell Hitachi service solutions including service packages, extended warranties and R&M agreements
- Report on any competitor activities and sales results within the region
- Carry out market surveys regarding parts and service within the region and report findings back to the PSM
- Assist with depot cover when required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience in similar role, minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent time management skills, be a forward thinker with the capability to plan ahead with strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately.
- Attention to detail.
- Encourage and supports other colleagues.
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, being proficient with applications such as MS office.
- The ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to provide assistance and support to colleagues, demonstrating a hands on approach with an aptitude to effectively organise and prioritise workloads.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the EEA (European Economic Area), the Company regrets that it cannot accept applications from any individuals without this entitlement.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.