FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Location: Midlands, Midlands
Posted: 9th July 2019
Please note: You MUST download and complete an application form from www.hitachicm.co.uk/vacancies and submit your form by emailing email@example.com or alternatively through the website.
Hitachi Construction Machinery UK (HCMUK) is wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and is responsible for the supply of mini, medium, large and wheeled excavators; wheel loaders, rigid dump trucks, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry, from our ten depots nationwide and appointed sub-dealer in Ireland.
Hitachi produced the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed more than 30 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of our business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 2 x Midlands Region (Based out of Minworth, Birmingham)
Earn top rates of pay while working on the UK’s premier brand of construction equipment as part of the Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Product Support team.
Are you a time served engineer with excellent diagnostic skills and attention to detail with a proven track record of working on construction equipment? Do you seek a field service engineer role that is both challenging yet financially rewarding supported by the leading product support department in the UK?
As a direct result of continuous growth and increased machine sales within the UK an excellent opportunity has arisen to join Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) Ltd.
- Leading global brand
- Strong support and management team
- No shortage of overtime
- Full product training
- Potential to progress within a growing department
- State of the art diagnostic equipment and telemetry systems
- Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Employee benefits including private health scheme and life assurance
Duties will include:
- Maintaining and repairing Hitachi construction machinery.
- Attend machine breakdowns at customer sites and effect repairs to ensure minimum machine downtime.
- Carry out scheduled servicing of machines at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines and carry our repairs as necessary.
- Ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and on time.
- Ensure that service reports, time sheets etc. are completed correctly and submitted on time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Time served engineer.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and attention to detail.
- Proven track record working on construction equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the aptitude to think on your feet and resolve issues that may arise.
- Intermediate IT skills.
- Experience of working in the manufacturing or construction sector.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete our online application form. Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31st July 2019. The company reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier should we identify a suitable candidate before that date. Please note that if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please assume your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.
We take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in our Company and wish you good luck in your job search.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!