Parts Counter Assistant
Location: Reading, South East
Cover Letter: Required
Posted: 18th May 2020
To support the continued growth of Hitachi Construction Machinery Ltd (HCMUK), we are looking for an experienced Parts Counter Assistant to join our Parts Team based at our Reading Depot. The basic hours of the role are 08:00 to 17:30 Monday – Friday working 42.5 hours per week, although some overtime can be expected. Your duties will include:
- Warehouse duties, stock control, picking parts and restocking
- Provide efficient parts back up to the service department
- Provide efficient parts back up service to existing and new customers
- Create new business and parts sales opportunities
- To deal with all enquiries and process orders for spare parts, using telephone and email
- Maintain an up to date and accurate electronic filing system
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all our product ranges and their supply and ordering procedures
- Exercise due care in identifying, obtaining and supplying all requirements without delay
- Keep customers fully informed regarding the progress of their orders
- Liaise with our Manufacturers or suppliers if appropriate to fulfil all customer requirements
- Use of the computer or manual systems, to establish price and availability and to produce documentation for the dispatch of all requirements to the correct destination.
- Verify all parts numbers by reference on the computer or Hitachi online parts book, and price list. Check all locations prior to placing back orders on our suppliers.
- Update all parts books and quick reference guides.
- Raise quotations where required for UK and Export customers.
- Storing and accounting of warranty parts for the service department
- Order Engineers consumables
- Build relationships with our customers
- Depot cover if required
- Carry out any task as required by senior management in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality System
- Share first aid and fire marshal responsibilities within the depot, training will be provided.
We’re looking for someone with previous customer service experience with excellent communication skills. You’ll be able to quickly build rapport with peers and customers, whether that be face to face or over the phone. Coupled with this you’ll need to have great attention to detail and be able to adapt quickly in an ever-changing work environment. Underpinning the above will be your professional attitude, great time management and your excellent telephone manner. Ideally, you will also have some past experience of working within the manufacturing or construction sector, although this isn’t essential.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Europe and responsible for the supply of excavators; wheel loaders, parts and servicing to the UK and Irish construction industry. Hitachi produced the widest range of hydraulic excavators in the world and are renowned for their high quality, advanced technology and unrivalled reliability.
Formed almost 50 years ago, Hitachi Construction Machinery (UK) is a leading name in the construction equipment market, and has been rewarded with the title of ‘UK’s number one excavator supplier’.
HCMUK forms parts of a truly global brand, recognised worldwide and operating in almost every corner of the globe. We are part of a group made up from more than 850 companies with 320,000 employees and an annual turnover in excess of £69 billion.
Rewards and Benefits
Here at HCMUK, people are the heart of the business, and we recognise human value in the creation of pleasant workplaces, where employees can thrive and display their abilities, whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing is at the forefront of our culture. You can expect a very competitive salary and benefits package to match.
The closing date for this role is 18th June 2020.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.